HomePage Forums V5000 Call Blocker Vtech phone displays "Missed call"

Topic Resolution: Resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dino 2 years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hi Kevin or other tech,
    On my Vtech CS6429 DECT 6.0 cordless phone system it displays “Missed call” even if I answer the call within 1, 2, or 3 rings. I’m running my CPR 5000 in series through Ooma Telo via Comcast. It’s a bit annoying having to clear the call log just to get rid of that “missed calls” message for calls I answered.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Dino

Hello Dino

Do you have the Call Blocker connected into the back of your Comcast modem?

If you do, can I suggest that you leave the main telephone line in the LINE port of the Call Blocker and remove the small black cable completely. Use the white cable with a red end. Place the Red end into the LINE 1 port of the Call Blocker with the other end directly into the main telephone base unit.

Then get a dial tone over speaker phone and press and hold the BLOCK NOW button for about 10 seconds till it beeps, hang up the call.

This should help you resolve the issue. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.

Kind Regards
    Louise
    CPR Call Blocker Support
    support@cprcallblocker.com
    USA: 408-872-6822 Mon-Fri 4am-5pm EST
    UK: 01792 342 708 Mon-Fri 8am-10pm

Hi Louise,
    Nice to converse with you. :).
    No, the CPR 5000 is not directly connected to the Comcast wireless modem/router (it’s a Motorola 6580). The wiring is as follows…ethernet cable from Comcast modem/router to the Ooma Telo…phone line from Ooma Telo to the CPR 5000…short phone line from CPR 5000 to Vtech base unit (for 5 phone cordless system).

Question. What does “press and hold the BLOCK NOW button for about 10 seconds” do? Does it reset the CPR 5000? I hope not. I have about 50 block numbers saved. I’ll do as you ask and see what happens.

I’ll let you know how it goes.

Have a good one. :).

Later…
    Dino

Hi Louise or other tech,
    Your suggestion didn’t solve my problem. The phone still displays “Missed Call” even when I answer the call.

Any other suggestions?

Thank you for any assistance.

Best regards,
    Dino

Hi Dino

The holding down of the BLOCK NOW button, just boosts the Call Blocker. It won’t delete or reset it.

Okay can you try a different set up solution for me then please.

If you received a white cable with a red end, please follow this set up:

Leave the main telephone cable from your Ooma Telo into the LINE port of the Call Blocker, remove the black cable from the TEL port of the Call Blocker and your phone. Please place the RED end of the white cable mentioned above into the LINE 1 port of the Call Blocker and the other end directly into the phone.

If you did not receive a white cable but have a splitter, please can you do the following: Place the splitter in the Ooma Telo telephone port, run one normal telephone cable (not the black cable) directly to the LINE port of the Call Blocker and place a second normal telephone cable into the 2nd port of the splitter with the end of this cable directly into your phone.

Both methods are the Parallel Set up and should help you resolve the issue.

If you need any further assistance, please contact me.

Kind Regards
    Louise
    CPR Call Blocker Support

Hi Louise,
    I tried your suggestion about placing the red end of the short white phone cord into the LINE 1 port of the CPR v5000 and then into the phone base, but it still show the Missed Call message after the answered call ends. I even tried the parallel setup with a splitter…same result. If I run a line from the Ooma Telo directly to the phone I get no Missed Call message.

The CPR v5000 works great for blocking calls. I like it a lot. But the Missed Call message is quite annoying. I can live with that, though…until I can find something better than CPR v5000. I was using a Tel-Sentry v2.2 before I bought the CPR v5000. The CPR v5000 is far more versatile in blocking spam calls, but at least I didn’t get the Missed Call message with the other one.

I read on Amazon, where I bought the CPR v5000, that other people are having the same Missed Call problem as me. Also, the Missed Call message shows up twice per call in my phone log.

Thanks for your time.

Best regards,
    Dino

Hello Dino

The call blocker doesn’t affect your phones in the slightest. What may be happening is the call is getting intercepted and they are ringing again and it blocks but briefly comes through before the caller display shows and the call blocker can intercept it, hence why there is missed calls in your log.

You can simply delete them in the call log by scrolling through it and pressing the delete button when they show on your display.

This is nothing to worry about and as long as the call blocker is blocking calls as it should, then all is fine.

Kind Regards
    Louise
    CPR Call Blocker Support

Hey Louise,
    I was hoping for a solution to the Missed Calls showing up on my phone display, and in my Call Log, even though I answered the phone call. Guess not. I’ve since switched back to my Tel-Sentry v2.2. I wish I had made this decision about a month ago so I could have returned it to Amazon.

Anyways, thanks for your assistance.

Best regards,
    Dino

Hello Dino

I am sorry you feel that way.

If I can be of any further assistance, please let me know.

Kind Regards
    Louise
    CPR Call Blocker Support

Hi Louise,
    Just thought I’d update on my former problem. I purchased a new cordless phone system for our home. It’s a Panasonic KX-TG3683. With this new phone system I don’t have the “Missed Call” problem any more (even though I had answered the phone). Guess the Vtech cordless phone system was the problem. It was old. I’d say 6 or 7 years old at least.

Everything seems to be fine now. This Panasonic system seems quite compatible with the CPR v5000. For now I’m satisfied.

Thanks for your time, Louise.

Later…
    Dino

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.